Freelander Brake Discs

Have to fit new calipers, discs and pads to my Freelander 2.5.

Have seen some drilled and groved discs. Are they worth the extra money? Do they really improve the stopping power.

Any advice welcomed

Cheers Geoff

Reply to
GWGY

Drilled/Grooved discs offer no increase in stopping performance, but they do allow for greater use of the brakes, as the holes/grooves keep the disc cooler and help to stop brake fade. Vented discs usually have adequate cooling for normal useage anway.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Also, under extreme conditions drilled discs are weaker when subjected to severe usage - probably not an issue on a freeblander but something to be aware of nonetheless. Discs that are grooved and dimpled (drilled but not right through) are said to be some of the best in terms of pad gassing and debris removal but still retaining strength. On a road vehicle, I'd go with standard or grooved only. Badger.

Reply to
Badger