Freelander Brake Pads and alloys

Has anyone come across a problem where new pads fitted to a Freelander has caused the calipers to interfere with the inside edge of the wheel ?

OEM alloys (sort of mini deep dish) and supposedly OEM pads.

Reply to
Geoff

Andy Sargeant

->I bet you are on 15" wheels.

It's not mine but yes they are 15", have you come across this problem before ?

Reply to
Geoff

Yes, this L/Rover would have been fitted as standard with steel wheels, we had one of our customers in a few months ago for new discs and pads, fitted them and the wheels would not turn, he phoned the agent where he got it from and explained this andthey paid for us to fit a new set of 16" alloys and tyres, from memory his car was about 3 or 4 years old. You will also se that the rear alloys will not fit flat on the rear drum. If you need any more info phone us and ask for Dean, as he did this job for the customer.

Andy Sargeant

->Yes, this L/Rover would have been fitted as standard with steel wheels, we

->had one of our customers in a few months ago for new discs and pads, fitted

->them and the wheels would not turn, he phoned the agent where he got it from

->and explained this andthey paid for us to fit a new set of 16" alloys and

->tyres, from memory his car was about 3 or 4 years old.

->You will also se that the rear alloys will not fit flat on the rear drum.

->If you need any more info phone us and ask for Dean, as he did this job for

Thanks for that, the Freelander originally came from the dealer that fitted the pads with it's alloys, all Land Rover parts and all main dealer fitted so it will be down to them to replace the damaged wheels, I just wanted to find out if others had come across the same problem.

Reply to
Geoff