FREELANDER DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS

Does anyone know how to turn Daytime Running Lights ON on a UK 2001 Freelander TD4? To judge from the way the manual is written, I guess this would be an option for certain territories, and so is probably simply a matter of tweaking a setting with the Test Book computer connected. However, my franchised dealer doesn't know how to do it.

Anyone any ideas?

GRAEME ALDOUS Yorkshire

Reply to
teeafit

To answer my own question, from what I've been told by someone with access to a TestBook computer, it seems that to do this you have to set your vehicle up as though it was for the Scandinavian market. The trouble would seem to be that this might be a 'blanket' setting, which would change certain other aspects of (f'rinstance) the lighting so that it became illegal in the UK.

It might also switch the steering wheel to the other side?

I think I'll leave it as it is, and switch the lights manually. It's that bl**dy 'bong, bong' when you open the door, though!

GRAEME ALDOUS Yorkshire

Reply to
Teeafit