Freelander - door jutting out

Hi all,

I bought a 2-year-old TD4 freelander recently and have had trouble since then: virbrating left front door and in rail (metal part from front window up to the top of the car...), squeaking sound in left front door ... Today I have seen that the left back door does not close properly - well, it does close but the door slightly juts out...just a little bit. I checked teh door on teh other side and it closes so that there is no projection (right word??). Now I am worried a bit that they have sold me a car that had an accident and that there will be problems and problems all the time.

Any experience with similar problems?? What could I do to check if I bought a car involved in an accident?

Thank for any answer!

Chris Flipter, Germany

Reply to
Chris Flipter

Panic not. Hands up anyone with a Landrover that actually has pannels / doors fitted by the factory tht actually look right all the way around the car....

hello..... helllo

Probably just needs adjustment.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Never mind just take the door off before it falls off that should stop it sqeaking ...... its a land Rover experience .............

:-)))

Reply to
Hirsty's

Um... I have...

Reply to
Torak

4 leaf clover ??? :-)))
Reply to
Hirsty's

Hi All,

thanks for your answers...I'm not really happy now as your answers suggest that you ALWAYS have problems with a Landrover... Why do peopel buy them then? I did pay quite some money for this car adn I only want it to be .....quiet, silent, peaceful...? Is that asked too much? Oh, by the way, yesterday there was this gruesome sound coming from the ceiling (?).... AND I realized that the left back tyre has lost air down to a pressure of just 1,1 instead of 2,0. The problem is I took the car back to Landrover here in Berlin just one week after I had bought it after I had realized the very first day that there was too little pressure right there.....1,3...and after four days the pressure had gone down again to 1,4. They checked the tyre and (allegedly) put in a new valve. GREAT! Is this normal? I mean, this might be dangerous to drive around with a tyre like that...or am I supposed to check the pressure every two days??

Well, I guess you can tell I'm getting a bit disappointed and angry.

Chris Flipter, Berlin

"Chris Flipter" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cm5i1a$24r$03$ snipped-for-privacy@news.t-online.com...

Reply to
Chris Flipter

Take heart most people are pulling your leg; many LR are aged vehicles and as such will drop bits like the rest. Freelanders have had some problems with the coupling in the drive train and with the K series engine head gaskets blowing ( a few others I have no doubt ) but most people seem to love em or leave them. As for why people buy them, how long is a piece of string ? I got my 110 because I was brought up in Africa and it is a little bit of home, if an African blacksmith can repair one I figured I could give it a go, hardy, best off road despite the jealosy of the Japs etc etc

Reply to
Hirsty's

Land Rover don't make tyres, or valves. It is very normal for a tyre to get a puncture or for a valve to get crud in it and fail.

I had a puncture in the Volvo a few weeks back, but I don't think it was a design fault. It looked more like a nail.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

H'mm , I thought you were fond of the Volvo.

;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Must have words with Quality control, they really shouldn't be letting "striaght" stuff out... I mean, theres a reputation to think of. It's clearly a Friday one if it's not twisted.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I don't think you can blame Land Rover for tyre pressures, your dealer maybe.....

As for overall problems, well LR certainly arn't the best, but then they started out making working vehicles and have now started trying to make pose-mobiles. All, including Toyota, "off-road" vehicles suffer more problems than the same manufacturers "cars" - personaly I think that is down to the ruggedness required for a true off-roader (not that many manufacturers, LR included (except Defender) make them these days.

The public perception of LR, in the UK anyway, is based on saloon-bar experts who drove one in the 1950's while on National Service, and have no idea about current models. How many Dihastu owners have smugly gone on about their little red button to engage 4-wheel drive - and then looked pretty stupid when told you don't need one on a post 1984 LR as it has permenent 4WD? Further, LR owners tend to be rather more honnest about their vehicles - how many times do you read stories in the press about peeling dashes and engine swaps at normal services? Plenty about LR, but how many about the BMW 3 Series dash problem and the 5 Series porus blocks? Someone who buys a car on the basis of ego is far less likely to complain in public for the very same reason - ego.

Up until recently, in my opinion, LR produced off-road vehicles with rather good on-road performance, but this has now gone forever (Freelander and Disco II are aimed firmly at the car market rather than the off-road market).

In short, you either love them or hate them, there doesn't seem to be any middle ground!

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd