Freelander fuel guage problem

After changing the fuel filter in the tank, the fuel sender (2 blue wires), has read the opposite way, ie full is empty and empty is full. I have changed the wires around and still makes no difference.

Also have replaced the guage with a new one and still the same problem.

Any ideas? its as if the circuit polity needs reversed.

Part Number is YAD000080 for the sender unit.

Please someone must no what is causing this. As it seems to be a common fault but no-one seems to have the fix for it!

Regards Martin

Reply to
Marty1a

No idea but sounds to me like a packet of transfers with an "E" and an "F" in will do the job. Until then keep it on half full/empty.

How strange!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Yep only wanted a new fuel filter in it lol.

Even replaced the new unit as I thought it was faulty, as I say it doesn't matter which way the 2 wires are connected.

Could this be just a bad earth?

Martin

Reply to
Marty1a

Not so strange it appears, I found a number of threads like this one;

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Really????

Who started that article then?

8-)

Lee_D

Reply to
Lee_D

message

lol yep wonder who lol

It was also started on the link below but not by me.

Just a silly problem just wish I could get it sorted!!!

Martin

Reply to
Marty1a

Another wasted joke ......