Freelander head gasket woes

I discovered on Monday that my head gasket went on my 2000 1.8i petrol Freelander at just over 55,000 miles. I was severely pi$$ed because the salesman told me before I bought the thing almost 2 years ago, that the engine problem had been sorted out prior to this year model. So I have it towed to my local dealer, HR Owen in Bury St Edmunds, where I'm expecting some huge bill when I get a call and told that Land Rover is going to pay 100% parts and labor. What a relief. It brought back my faith in Land Rover.

Reply to
MDW

See my post of 12.Jan. It was a problem in the water pump that caused my head gasket to fail, yours could have been the remote thermostat. Anycase make sure you get the cause as well as the symptoms treated while its free!

ps has this NG got something against Freelanders? Mine just happens to be the sixth Landrover that I've owned starting with a Series 3 LWB.

*************************************************** big_giblets snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com 100% parts and labor. What a relief. It brought back my faith in Land Rover.
Reply to
Big Giblets

What makes you ask that?

I think they are great, just too small for me I'm afraid. I almost bought one, but there were other cars that were too small for less money, so we got one of those!

if you follow my reasoning... (the wife helped me with it)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs