Freelander OBD code P0138

I have had the MIL light on the dash of my 01 V6 Freelander.

Have bought a reader and it shows it as P0138. Have cleared it, but it shows another as pending. I understand this to mean it will come back if the same fault occurs in under 40 operations.

The workshop manual defines the code as:

Downstream (post-catalyst) oxygen sensor input - Electrical fault

Can anyone shed any further light on the possible cause/faulty component please?

Cheers Geoff

Reply to
GWGY

Sou8nds like the lambda probe.

Reply to
Nige

Look for something after the cat in the exhaust system and check that the connections are sound.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice