Freelander rear windscreen

I saw a post on here recently about a problem with the rear windscreen fully opening whilst parked. Well now it's happened to my freeloader twice!!!! Was there any useful solution/suggestions besides rolling it of a cliff (which is what I would do if I was rich! Then again I would be driving an Overfinch RR not a Freeloader)

Cheers Stew.

Reply to
90ninety

You could check the mass connector to the body of the car. Seems that when you've a bad connection,the windscreen will open.It's located on the right back side of the car,behind the panel of the luggage compartment.

Woodstock

Reply to
Woodstock

Hi Stew..

I was the person that originally posted the incident with my Freelander rear window going down on it's own whist parked and alarmed.

All I did was to press the key fob several times pointing at the car of course, the rear window beeps twice and stayed up since, it now seems to work OKAY and stay up, hopefully!

What surprised me was that the alarm didn't sound when the rear window went down?

Brian

Reply to
b.barwick

Hello Brian, I was very surprised that the alarm didn't sound too! There would be a current drain when the as the window went down and a huge increase in volumetric space. This apparently matters not to the freeloader!!!!!! Will try playing with the keyfob a bit, cheers.

Stew.

Reply to
90ninety