Freelander starting problem

Hi group. I wonder if anyone can help me with this.

I have a 1.8 Freelander. (1999 UK Model) I knew there would be a few woes when I bought it, but on the whole it has been a good vehicle. Recently though, when I turn the ignition key, nothing happened. The dashboard lights came on, but that was it. This kept happening for a few days.

After a couple of attempts, the thing would start just fine.

It went back to Land Rover, who fitted a new starter motor under warranty. ("Common problem sir")

Anyway, a couple of days later the fault is back, and now it is permanent. I've had the battery tested independently, and it is fine.

It is being collected on Tuesday for Land Rover to have another go, but as they seemed tto screw up last time, I wouldn't mind being able to suggest what the fault might actually be.

Anyone got an idea?

Cheers Steve

Reply to
Steve

"Steve" wrote

I have had similar symptoms and usually connected with non-functioning remote central locks. So I have figured it out being a non-functioning immobilizer. Try replacing the remote's battery or re-syncronising the remote with the car.

Last time I experienced the symptoms after having the car exterior and interior washed during a freezing cold day. Even a new remote's battery didn't help until the car had been in a warm and dry place for a couple of days.

Ilkka

Reply to
Ilkka Haapavirta