Freelander TD4 Electric Roof

Ladies & Gents this is my first post so please be gentle.

This morning I attempted to close the electric sun roof on my 51 plate freelander when it seemed to stick. I found that the roof would continue to close with a little gentle pushing but will not land flush with the roof.

It contines to open perfectly every time and starts to close before stopping

Any ideas folk

John

Reply to
John Crump

in article snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, John Crump at snipped-for-privacy@BTInternet.com wrote on 22/7/04 14:01:

My sunroof take two people 5 minutes to close and tie down properly, but then it is a full length one.

Reply to
Rory Manton

how helpful

Reply to
Nige

Think you'll need a new side bar of yr sunroof.Mine had the same problem.Open perfectly,but when closing one side needed help,and when it eventually closed,it wasn't flush with the roof. When I took it apart,seemed little part was broken off,which holds the cable to the sliding part of the sunroof. It's a very expensive part,which cannot be repaired. Just saw a right hand bar on E-Bay UK.Think it will stay there for a couple more days.

Kees

Reply to
Woodstock