Freelander TD4 Water leak...

In the boot of our Freelander there is a lockable resess area which contains the jack. Some how this seem to fill with water (about 2 pints). The rest of the boot area is dry. There is usually a dog mat in the car and this stone dry. Looking under the carpet there appears to be no enery point for the water under the car and we are completely puzzled as to where is is coming from! :-/

Any ideas? The car is Y reg.

Reply to
Christopher Povey

Check that the rear window goes up fully and that the rear window seal is ok.

"Christopher Povey" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40014cb9$0$23085$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynet.co.uk...

Reply to
Lobby

Go to

and look under RaveOn /Known Problems.

We just had the rear door seal on our USA 2002 replaced under warranty for leaking into the rear.

Also, I've heard that keeping the rear boot/trunk shade pulled out, prevents moist air from being vented out the rear of the car... which also makes for moisture. Not positive about this, though sometimes I undo the cover just to let things air out.

Kev

Reply to
Kevin Darling