Freelander, unable to open back door, lower window or set alarm properly!

Can anyone help?

I have a Freelander V6, ES on a 'X' plate (2000) once before I couldn't get the rear door to open, the window to go down, or the rear windscreen wiper to work.

Rang a friendly Landrover dealer, took the car over, he produced a small handheld computer type device, got in the passenger side of the car and was able to operate all the windows etc., from this device.

After that, the rear window operated as normal rear door would open as normal and has been trouble free for ages.

Just had the car MOT'd and same thing has happened, rear door won't open, can't operate rear washers, window wont go down, and, when setting the alarm, it beeps once then locks, just as if a door has been left open, I suspect it might be the rear window sensor thinking the rear window is down?

Has anyone a (cheap) solution, or indeed, has anyone in the Golcar (Huddersfield) area got a diagnostics box that can help me please?

Thanks

Brian (Huddersfield West. York's)

Reply to
Horse.trader