Freelander Water leak : update

OK

I have just been under the car an took off the engine bay side cover on the drivers side. Enabled me to see the drive belts and pulleys.

Drive belts are wet and make a noise when its running, a small squeak whilst driving, like after you drive fast through a deep puddle.

There is one pipe and inch and hald comes from what appears to be the thermostat housing, down the back corner of the engine and turns under the pulley. It then does a 90 degree bend accross the front of the car. This pipe was all wet.

I dryed off the big old pipe with some tissue paper and took it up the road to get it warm, when i came back the pipe was wet again. so i wipe it down and left it running in the drive for ten mins....still dry now.

Header tank is still full to max, as is PAS fluid.

Still dunno whats leaking!!!!!! gggrrrrr

Reply to
vertuas

vertuas,

I had a similar problem in a Disco 2. The main pipe from the radiator chaffed against a flange on an air con pipe causing it to dump all it's water in a lay by one day. It was recovered to a garage where they couldn't find the leak despite looking for well over 30 minutes. In the end they just refilled the radiator and I drove it home. It then went several days without loosing any water!! It then started to loose water, but only slowly and it took me several days to find the leak. Obviously, pressure from the air con flange was sufficient to stop the leak.

Good luck in your leak hunting.

regards

nemo2

Reply to
me2

Thanks for that Nemo

I will check out the flexible part of the pipework. Trust if to be the one in the lease accessible part of the engine bay, between the engine and the inner wing!!

Reply to
vertuas