front wiper motor for 300TDI Disco

Hello If buying a used front wiper motor for a 1995 300TDI Disco do I have to worry if it will fit, or are they all the same please? Cheers Graham

Reply to
Graham Bowers

Looks like there is 2 types.

Do you know what the chassis starts with?

STC1307 goes to LA i think

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Dons head torch and ventures out on to the snow covered drive.......... SALLJGMF7MA****** I think the significant letters are the MA and have no idea what the stuff in front signifies. Cheers Graham

Reply to
Graham Bowers

front signifies.

SAL Manufacturer code: Land Rover LJ Model: Discovery, 200 Series (1989-1994) or 300 Series (1994-1998) G Wheel base: 100 inch M Body type: 4-door station wagon (LWB) F Engine type: 2.5 litre Tdi diesel, model 11L (200Tdi) or model 16L (300Tdi)

7 Steering and transmission: Right-hand drive (RHD), 5-speedmanual (LT85, LT77, LT77S, R380 or other) M Model year: 1995 A Assembly location: Solihull, UK

There are a few 'Vin decoders' online.

I theory then, it should be DKD100620 if its post MA08

Ebay?

220078373295
Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Clever Bugger:-)) It's MA14****

Clever Bugger :-)) And when I read it properly, it ain't even used! Cheers Graham

Reply to
Graham Bowers

DKD100620 is post MA090727, AMR1514 is to MA090726, it's possible ter is a supercession but AMR1514 appears to be a current number. Send me a mail to snipped-for-privacy@beamends-lrspares.co.uk (don't use this mail address I'm on at the moment) tomorrow and I'll get this confirmed if you wish.

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds

AMR1514 is still valid..

AMR1514 Front Wiper Motor/Rack - Discovery I from LA081990 to MA090726

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Thanks Richard I've done it now anyway and I think I've bought the right bit. BTW I have shopped in person at your hideaway and am thinking of popping over Sat depending on the weather. Cheers Graham

Reply to
Graham Bowers

We're open 'till 5.00pm on a Saturday now, since everyone started turning up at 10 to 2!

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds

Customers, eh!