Front wipers not working

My 1997 Range Rover P38 diesel (UK) has an intermittent fault with the front windscreen wiper. The rear wipe works ok, as does the front wash, but the front wiper will not wipe for 10-15 seconds, sometimes longer.

The fuse is ok. When I checked the relays I noticed that waggling one of the two relays to get it out caused the wipers to work again. This may be co-incidence. I've read on a couple of web sites that a lot of electrical problems can be due to the fuse box in the engine compartment, which ties up with what I suspect.

Does anyone else have experience of this, and what was the cure ? Is the fusebox contamination thing a common fault ?

Reply to
ace garp

New fusebox is one cure!

Reply to
Nige

no idea about RR's but its common in other cars. my saab fusebox is also buggered and can be fixed by careful poking and squeezing..

Reply to
Tom Woods