fs p38 dt

"m" reg maroon manual gear box ( replaced by ashcrofts last month ) MOT till feb 07 has clear light conversion and late model allloys with pirelli scorpions used for last 10,000 miles millage 157000 previous owner supposedly had it chipped and uprated turbo and intercooler and its certainly quick enough but have no details of this ! tow pack standard dt model so no high maintanence air con or electric seats but has electric sun roof windows mirrors etc a very comfortable car drives very well and has never been used off road reluctantly for sale due to change in circumstances ...

Reply to
chris

well its on ebay

any selling tips ? only ever sold my old s111 before on there so I dont have a lot of experiance ! hate selling my landies !argh

Reply to
cg1

yes, reduce the price! Sorry, but I'd be very surprised if you get any bids on it at that price. I bought an N-reg DSE last year for £1500 less than that.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

for a basic spec car with manual gearbox and big mileage I'd have to agree. If the trade-in offer is anywhere near that then I'd bite off the arm that offered it.

Autotrader has a few of similar spec at about that price, but mostly from trade with some degree of protection and probably room for negotiation. However, I know from experience that autotrader carry plenty of cars that never sell, despite being at the same price as all the others. Friend just had a Golf on there at the 'going rate', but week in, week out it was still there, along with all the others. They were all just too expensive - £6500 for an X-reg Golf 4motion. She traded it in the end, for rather less.

I'd say an ebay listing needs to start way under the autotrader price and find its own level. Look at previous listings on ebay to see what they are actually fetching and open the bids at half that. Set a reserve at just above the trade-in offer and you can't lose.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

One point is that you've spelled diesel wrong, so it won't come up in a search for a diesel range rover...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

oops ! spellin never been my strong point ! thanks for all the advice ! the price seems high I know compared to hse's but their is less to go wrong with her..and a hell of a difference in running costs..I have a good offer for trade in on a brand new isuzi pickup but was waiting to see if thier are any changes in tax regulations before I go ahead .....its free listings weekend so have nothing to loose........can you tell I dont really want to sell ? grin

Reply to
cg1

What changes in tax regs are you expecting? Company tax regimes for

07 are already decided - benefit in kind for a 1 tonne pickup will become £3000 from the current £500.

Ordering mine this week....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

You're not wrong there - for quite a lot cars the base model is considered more vaulable on the s/h market the fully toyed-up versions.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Up - everything UP - and then for good measure tax anything that isn't already taxed.

Reply to
Dougal

after gordans u turn on pensions ? nothing is set in stone.......

but am off to another izusi dealership this afternoon ! just feels wrong I have only ever had landrovers !

Reply to
cg1

I had a Trooper for about

Will it fit?

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Will what fit?

Nige

Reply to
Nige

The most untrustworthy and unreliable government in memory? Yes indeed.

However, the tax rates for the next 2 years for company cars are already published and while in theory he could rewrite them it would generate enormous anger, both in the electorate who have committed to

3 year leases on company vehicles and in corporate boardrooms as they have to a) compensate their staff and b) pay more VAT then they budgeted for if he chooses to change the VAT treatment at the same time.

As is the case in the US, the only people the government fear are the corporates who give (or loan!) them money...

I'm taking mine on a 2 year contract btw!

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Sun, 19 Mar 2006 11:51:13 -0000, "cg1" enlightened us thusly:

big mistake on eBay in my experience to start with a high price. Start it at a hundred notes, put a sensible reserve on it so you don't end up selling to for less than your trade-in offer if you have one, or less than your minimum selling price (but be practical - nothing will sell for a lot more then "going rate" unless it's exception in some way. If it was one owner,

25K miles from new with full history it'd have rarity value, for example.

low-start ones seem to attract a lot more interest.

I recall when I was looking at disco prices a bit back and H-plate TDi turned up with a genuine 29K from new on it, and in mint condition. That got bid up to about a grand more than going rate for the year (which was about 30% at the time). But that sort of motor is a once-a-year or less thing.

check out what others like yours are getting bid to and ideally what they're selling for.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I wouldn't put anything past them - remember the £10,000 tax free on company dividends that persuaded loads of small businesses to Ltd - withdrawn after 12 months leaving many small co.'s with accountants bills they don't need.

It's imperative to remember that business is a bottomless pit for Government funding as far as Smiling Tony and GB are concerned - need mor money? Tax small/medium business, after all they don't make large donations to the party do they, so they deserve it.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

The truck cab!