FS V8 Series 3 on Ebay

this is a project I have been tinkering with for the last 4 years but am destined never to finish if any body wants more info or more pics drop me a line. Thanks Dave

Reply to
David Rushworth

David the £1000 starting price is a joke I take it. The amount of work needed to get it started again could run into months.

You say scarey things like the engine hasn't been run and the wiring needs sorting. Oh and there is some rot around. It hasn't even got a new chassis. It has been plated and could be rotting in lots of other places.

A starting price of £500 is more realistic and maybe a selling price of £650. I think you will fail to sell. You admit there might be lots more to do on it that you have forgotten. Anyone buying it could end up spending a lot of money. When in reality you could buy a complete vehicle for maybe £1500.

You will not ever get back the time invested in a vehicle when selling it. Or my Series 3 that I am constantly working on would be worth about £10000 after only three months. (I have found some more rust to weld, I seem to be becoming an expert at MG Welding, my welds now look very neat).

I shall watch this one with interest and if it sells I will be astounded.

Andrew

Series 3 88 inch (Rust travelling in close formation) Discoverty 2.5TDI - The money pit

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

How come you've gone to the effort of blanking out the number plate in most of the images and then gone and left it in one?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Everett

Paul Everett wrote in news:coc7ai$eqs$1 @newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk:

Because it slipped theough the net so to speak

Reply to
David Rushworth

On or around Sun, 28 Nov 2004 08:35:56 GMT, "Andrew Renshaw" enlightened us thusly:

Mind, there's a lot of value of parts: new tyres, new shocks, etc, and a new cam and, one hopes, followers, and sundry other bits.

The only thing that's apt to worry me is the P6 engine block, frankly - if it has an early water pump then it's not available, the crank oil seals are iffy and difficult to replace, etc. I had one... 9.35:1 Rangie engines are a better bet for most purposes.

Mind, you're right about the starting price, too high. I'd've gone with a low starting price and a reserve if I didn't want to sell it cheap.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

"Andrew Renshaw" wrote in news:M5gqd.14$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net:

Yes i know i will never get back the time invested (if i was after that it would start at 5 grand) I want to see it go to someone who will finish it. If i broke it I would get a thou for the wheels/tyres, overdrive, engine and fitting kit, never mind the tilt and all the other pieces the rot I spoke of is only in one place the windscreen mount I dont think it has progressed into the top rail (even so i have provided two top rail repair pieces in the spares), the chassis has been stripped repaired and repainted. all the jobs left would probably take a week by a competent LR fan. I'd do it myself but her indoors is not very understanding (and its raining a lot). thanks for your inspiring comments. Ps It's not the money, it's a shame to see it sat there and I aint going to give it away.

Reply to
David Rushworth

Whats with that sterring wheel? :) Looks like it's from a metro or something!!?

Reply to
Connor T

"Connor T" wrote in news:d_pqd.159$P23.60@newsfe5- gui.ntli.net:

Correct, and if i put the MG emblem in the middle it goes faster!!!!!!;)

Reply to
David Rushworth