Fuel Gauge Waving

Bastad fuel sender has packed up.

It only ever gets to 1/4, and soon sinks right to the bottom of the gauge after a bit.

Is the little float ball hollow? Could it have a leak, so that it fills up and sinks after a while?

Do they bolt in, or do they only have the lock ring on top?

If i'm going to replace the sender, is there any thing else i should look at while its in bits?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Going from your sig, if its the 90 it's in the top of the tank held in with screws, if it's the Range Rover then it's held in with a locking ring in the side of the tank. For the latter you may have to drop the tank to get it out past the chassis rail.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On 15/01/2007 08:41, beamendsltd wrote: #

I always miss something important!

Its the 90.

Thanks Richard.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Have just fitted a new sender (it is almost certainly the electrical bit and not a hole in the float) on my T/D 90. Easily accessible underneath the driver's seat and held in by a locking ring which I had to break to release but which are cheap to replace.

Reply to
Julian Pollard