fuel pump lazy

fuel pump, the kind that's inside the tank.

It still runs, but slowly, and as a result it won;t do more'n about 15 mph.

Luckily, the vehicle has gas as well :-)

I assume I'm right in thinking that the only cure for this is to replace it, and further, is the pump/motor detachable from the rest of the sender etc., or does it all come as one lump?

anyone know offhand what the delivery pressure is meant to be? I could fit an external pump off the spare ford, but it might well be the wrong pressure. Or is the pressure (Hotwire system) regulated somewhere else other than by the pump, in which case, if it has a pressure regulator, then an external pump would be no problem in the feed line from the tank to same.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

One lump..... but it may be possible to get a Metro pump to fit inside the unit (nor reccomending it though!)?

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Thu, 3 Mar 2005 08:32:55 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

yeah, that's what Paddock's list says too :-(

oh well. will have to make sure I don't run out of gas for the next few weeks.

If you can supply the pumpsender unit (3.5 efi disco, 1991) then email me a price, IYWBSK.

Reply to
Austin Shackles