Garlic Bread?

I know we haven't been active on the group lately, but I know quite a few of you know Di, for her unofficial Garlic Bread production, if nothing else. She went to the doctor with chest pains recently, and had an angiogram on Monday. When the medics saw the results, she was kept in and will have a triple bypass on Friday. Apparently, she could have keeled over at any time. She's getting great care in the Hospital, but it's been a hell of a shock. Just thought I would let you guys know, as many of you have met her on playdays and similar foolish errands.

Reply to
Rich B

Blimey Charlie!!

Good luck for a speedy recovery

Reply to
Andy

Havent had the pleasure of meeting, but having had an angiogram (and been relieved that it only showed i've got a buggered heart, not buggered arteries) then wish her a speedy recovery.

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

Havent had the pleasure of meeting, but having had an angiogram (and been relieved that it only showed i've got a buggered heart, not buggered arteries) then wish her a speedy recovery.

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

At least you found it in time

GWS!!

Reply to
Nige

You had two?

Reply to
Nige

Blimey Rich, hope all goes well and shes back up before you know it.

All the best from the D'Clan!

Reply to
Lee_D

GWS that lady ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

All the best to her from us all Richard - Is she in Withy Bush ? Lizzy's dad's in there too. :-(

Steve, Lizzy and the boys

Reply to
Steve Taylor

No, she went straight to Morriston (do not pass Go, do not collect £200). Proper job, as they say round here. (Lizzy's Dad? what's he in for? Anything I can do?)

It's been a hell of a shock, considering last week she was helping me heft a load of firewood round the place (and complaining that she didn't feel too well). Now, she can hardly stray 50 feet from her bed without pain and a shouty nurse.

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes. I'll pass them on.

Reply to
Rich B

Hehe - she has the opposite - a healthy heart and coronary arteries the diameter of a gnat's todger. Cheers.

Reply to
Rich B

GWS - best wishes from us all

and take care of yourself mate - she needs you tip-top now.

Reply to
William Tasso

On or around Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:39:45 -0000, "Rich B" enlightened us thusly:

Bugger, hope it all works out OK mate. Pass on sympaffies, and stuff like that, if you would.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 19 Feb 2009 00:33:09 -0000, "Rich B" enlightened us thusly:

yeah, shouty nurses can be a pain, innit.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hi Rich,

Bad stroke before Christmas - he's on the mend, and I think leaving for a rehabilitation course soon.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Sorry to hear that. We're here and you're not, so if there's anything we can do ... shout.

Reply to
Rich B

Thanks Austin, will do.

Reply to
Rich B

Di had the op today, it was all straightforward, judged a success, and she is now awake and starting to regain her sense of humour.

Christ, I am relieved. Now for a night's kip.

Thanks to all for the supportive messages.

Reply to
Rich B

Nice one ;)

Reply to
Nige

Rich B,

Never meet or spoken too, but a long time stalker of this newsgroup and I wish you and Di all the best and hope that Di makes a full recovery.

emo2

nemo2