Garlic Bread?

Fantastic.

Reply to
nemo2

Only on this newsgroup - good wishes from a total stranger! Thanks Nemo, much appreciated. It's looking good so far :)

Reply to
Rich B

Cheers Nige. She's out of Intensive Care now, up to the eyeballs in morphine, and yet starting to get back to her old self.

I can't praise the hospital enough. From the 'top man' surgeon, to the nurses and the cleaning staff, we've been treated like we were the only ones that mattered. I feel pretty humbled and grateful, which is unusual for me :)

And bloody hell, can't women swear when they are coming round from anaesthetic? :)

Reply to
Rich B

On or around Sat, 21 Feb 2009 23:31:24 -0000, "Rich B" enlightened us thusly:

you should've had a tape recorder handy :)

glad she's on the mend, and hope it all continues to go well.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Cheers Austin. A tape recorder would have been good. Sadly, my phone doesn't have a camera, or there would have been a lot of fun taking shots for 'posterity'.

Reply to
Rich B

Heheheh, nice one Rich. Good to hear something nice .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Sorry for the late response, haven't been online for a while. Pass on mine and Diane's wishes for a speedy recovery. I'll bet you really are relieved - as are we!

Neil and Diane (Stratford Unofficial)

Neil

Hi Neil - long time no see! I brought her home today. Right now she is sitting in front of the fire, laptop on lap, catching up with a week's worth of emails. She's eaten a proper meal (cooked by me, so she'll be back in intensive care by the morning) and is glad to be home. Thanks for the good wishes.

Reply to
Rich B

Richard Hi,

best wishes for a quick recovery to Di and a big thumbs up for your support to her and of course for your comments about the hospital people.

It is good to know that there are still people who support and stand by their partners/family/friends when they can and also to read about hospital personel and doctors who still care about their patients and treat them like humans and not like raw material for expoitation.

We also had two similar cases with triple bypass. My wife's uncle and a very good family friend and fellow member of the LR club of Greece have both undergone the same type of operation/treatment during February.

The good th>> >>

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Thanks Pantelis! She's home and starting to complain now, so she must be getting better. I know that the operation is regarded these days as almost routine, but that doesn't help when you see someone taken apart and put back together like that :) I'm a big fan of getting a part off the vehicle and onto the bench so you can do a proper job, but there are limits.

Hopefully, after this she will make it once more round the clock!

Cheers

Reply to
Rich B

Jump to it boyo & non of that close harmony singing ;)

Reply to
Nige

Oi. None of this boyo crap. I'm from Leeds, remember? And I haven't started shagging sheep yet, even after 19 years here. Snogging is my absolute limit.

Reply to
Rich B

LOL!

Tongues?

Reply to
Nige

Only with the good looking ones ..

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Them wi' red markers on 'em 'r' best snoggers :-)

Reply to
Oily

'An the ones wi' 't marked bums the best f.....s but ewe'll be followin' tup.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Only if I'm pissed.

Reply to
Rich B

Reply to
Rich B

Rich,

Sorry to hear Di isn't the best. Anything you need let me know, only a couple of miles up the road at the end of the day........

Dave R

Reply to
Dave R