Gearbox oil question

I'm having problems locating EP90 locally, for my 1967 Series IIa. Can I substitute a multigrade such as EP75/90. I'll be draining all the existing EP90 out first.

Reply to
Phil Gardiner

I don't see why not, except that it usually costs half as much again. I don't have trouble sourcing it, any good motor factor should be able to get it, even if he wants you to order 5 gallons, you'll still use it all up.

I use Partco, they usually have it in stock

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Hi Phil,

Autocom units ltd(Gainsborough, Lincs & also in Sheffield) can supply 5 litre tubs of single grade EP for around 11 quid. Just got some EP140 for the steering box and swivel hubs for my 2a.

Terry

Reply to
terry

Button bashing in practice for another round of Daley Thompson's Decathlon, Phil Gardiner left Shakespeare to the monkeys by typing...

Halfords, B&Q, Partco, local motor factor, Buck & Hickman, Sealey, Screwfix, local garage, Comma, Esso, Shell BP. Try these. I think there's also a search engine/website called (IIRC) Kelly (.co.uk/ .com?) which lists businesses by type. Or try Motor factors under Yellow Pages or Google any of the above - search by area. If all else fails, post your nearest town and I'm sure we can find you a supplier... Paddocks, Craddocks, Britpart, a local ORC?

Reply to
weallhatebillgates

On or around Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:14:06 +0100, weallhatebillgates enlightened us thusly:

[all the suppliers in the world]

mind, in terms of getting decent e.g. 15W50 grade engine oil, it's getting ever more difficult. The last lot I had was Carlube or somesuch and the then-V8 didn't like it at all.

current one is running on Castrol GTX "for basic engines" which, while it used to be 15W50 IIRC is now 15W40. why they needed to do this, bearing in mind they also do one for modern engines as well eludes me. Granting that the modern engines are made to tighter tolerances and the modern oils are better, still, I'd quite like to run it on 15W50 in the summer.

Reply to
Austin Shackles