Gearbox spares?

Hi

I've gathered most of the major parts for my gearbox rebuild, but I'm still looking for the following:

Input shaft + layshaft gear (542231) Genuine/OEM 3rd/4th synchro hub (FRC1758) Transfer box rear drive flange (236630)

Does anyone have any good condition spares?

Thanks

Reply to
Daniel Collins

I have plenty of good secondhand gears etc. and quite a lot of new genuine spares but I'm a bit down on new gears as most have been sold or used. Bearings yes, gaskets yes, only new gear for 2a is 511189 1st gear layshaft and the layshaft itself. If I can still recognise the correct input/layshaft pair I should still have them, FRC1758, is that the latest one? I may have a near perfect s/hand but where are you? You are welcome to look

Reply to
Oily

That's convenient... I need a 1st layshaft gear too but I didn't bother listing it since a new genuine one is only £20 ^^

The input shaft will be the type with a left-hand thread in front of the bearing instead of a circlip groove as with the S3 shafts, the IIA parts manual only lists one input shaft. I'm not sure how to differentiate them from S1 input shafts though.

FRC1758 is the earlier of the two(?) synchros, it was used on all II/IIA boxes and III boxes until suffix D.

I'm in gosport, how about you?

Thanks

Reply to
Daniel Collins

They were listed as NLA (No Longer Available) at least 20 years ago and I ordered a few in of the stock that was left. Now I have just the one left so I don't know how the genuine article is still available. You are welcome to the one I have as I don't think I will need it now.

IIRC they may have a different number of teeth so if you count yours I will check what I've got.

A long way I'm afraid but I can post if you're stuck. East of Manchester, out in the sticks.

Reply to
Oily

Input shaft teeth: 19 Layshaft gear teeth: 32 Layshaft splines: 10

Are the input shafts/gears matched pairs?

Thanks

Reply to
Daniel Collins

I stripped 72 gearboxes about 4 years ago and I slid the layshaft constant mesh gears on their matching input shafts from several good ones that I saved, so yes. :-)

Reply to
Oily

Sounds like you MIGHT have a couple of the bits spare ^^

How much would you want for the synchro, shaft, gear and drive flange if you have them? I don't think there's any way to cheaply get to manchester area, so delivery is probably the only option. My email address is valid if you want to use it.

Thanks

Reply to
Daniel Collins