Getting rear subs to work - D1

I have done a search on this but to no avail and am not sure which of the leads in the dash I need to be tapping into to get the rear door subwoofers to work with my non LR Sony CD unit. There was a slim metal plug with a red and black wire only and then a 3rd block connector which I haven't used at all. I presumed that the 3rd block was the CD changer connection so is the slim metal plug the power to the subwoofer or the audio output to it please....anyone?

Reply to
Andy

A real long shot, but as nobody has answered yet, try putting DIN connections and your Sony model number into google. ISTR it worked with a Peugeot a couple of years back.

Reply to
Fred

Go to safe and sound in Keighley, he's pretty shit hot on this stuff matey

Reply to
Nige

On or around Tue, 24 Nov 2009 19:47:37 -0000, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

If it's anything like the high-end DII system, I tried a different normal sort of head unit in mine and it made f*ck-all sound at all, never mind subs. On mine (DII) there's a f*ck-off amp under the passenger seat and the speakers are connected to that, not to the head unit.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Found that the red/black wires in the dash are the line-in for the subs, connected them to a phono plug and plugged into the 'sub-out' from my Sony unit but still no sound output :-(

Will have to try and strip the rear door and see if the subs are getting a power feed, there is an amp in there apparently. It sounds crap as is with only the 13cm door speakers and tweeters running.

Reply to
Andy

On or around Wed, 25 Nov 2009 18:33:01 -0000, "Andy" enlightened us thusly:

I'll have to see if the one on the new toy works... it too has subs in the door.

5 gets you 10 it's the wiring going into the rear door. There's a bundle of wires in there which get bent back and forth, and I've seen plenty of failures in places like that.
Reply to
Austin Shackles