Getting timing cover off a 2.25 petrol

Hi,

I'm currently converting a 12v 2.25 petrol to 24v and need to get the timing cover off (the old dead 24v engine).

I've got all the bolts I can see (except for the three holding the water pump to the cover), and removed the starter dog and various pulleys, but the cover doesn't seem to want to come off.

I've tried levering it with a crowbar from underneath (the sump's off) and the bottom comes away upto about 10mm, but the top of the cover stays resolutely stuck. Levering at the top doesn't yield much if at all.

And I missing something or just it likely to just be stuck need a big whack to release it?

Thanks, Graham,

-- Landrovering images;

Graham Allen

water pump bolts go right through?

Reply to
Warwick Barnes

You've missed a bolt somewhere. Take the water pump off.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Tried taking them off (too short to go right through) but it still wouldn't release...

Reply to
Graham Allen

Found it! After a thorough Gunk+Jetwash the offending bolt appeared from a puddle of mud in the middle of the timing cover!

Thanks, Graham

Reply to
Graham Allen