Glass's Gudie Fore Sale

Hi There

I have obtained and are selling a number of Glass's Guides

Here are three of them.

I have September / October & The current Month November

Thought someone might be interested.

Thanks

IanL

On or around Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:49:14 -0000, "IanL" enlightened us thusly:

Wonder what Glass's will think of that? ISTR you have to be a bona fide trader to get 'em and not pass 'em on.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

BiN for £35, LOL!

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

Let's save us seeing the same old stuff again ....

How much did you raise in July?

Dougal

I sold The July issue for £ 27.50

Here is the URL

For those that don't know these cost £ 450 pa for an annual subscription.

Each issue is different-

I don't care what I sell it for Their is no reserve. BIN for £ 35 is fair considering historical prices for current issues and that someone might want it quckly.

Reply to
IanL

Were you aware that Glass' do not confer on you the rights to resell?

Reply to
Nullified

A moot point but it's done with all sorts of things all over the world.

Were you aware that you shouldn't give away software Lend DVD's, Books Etc

If they wish to strike me off. So be it.

Reply to
IanL

Ho ho ho...

That's a 'see you in court' sort of statement...

Reply to
William Black

"> Ho ho ho..." Green Giant !!!

They would have to take a ot of ebay'ers to court!!!

Reply to
IanL

Eh?

Reply to
Nullified

"But, officer, *everyone* does it"... Fortunately, Ebay are usually very quick to pull auctions that dont conform to their terms once they've been reported. See if you can persuade *them* its okay to resell ;o)

Reply to
Nullified

I'm really not bothered

I don't think I have to talk to 'officer' - honest guv.

If that was the case every game and publication sold on ebay would be pulled.

Just read the copyright statement in most book and publications ''..not be lent, resold, hireed out...'

That would put amazon out of the used book business

Reply to
IanL

Having shown yourself to be no respecter of others copyright, try not to compound your errors by top posting ;o)

Reply to
Nullified

Person selling a copy of 'Glass's Guide': I have a guide for sale

Mr Glass (or whoever) : You can't do that, it's against the terms of trade...

Person selling copy of Glass's Guide: See you in court mate...

Denying someone the right to sell what they have legally purchased is a 'restraint of trade' and probably illegal.

Reply to
William Black

Well, I suppose cheap shots are easier than answering a perfectly valid point..

And please trim the quotes in your posts next time hehehe.....

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I am sorry if I am not posting in the usual way - Hey I was only offering something that may have been useful to someone somewhere.

If that is too much then so be it.

I am sure Nullified is a fine upsatnding citizen that has never breached any rule or request in his/her life.

I have said all I am going to say on this subject. I am sorry to have troubled you so dearly.

Reply to
IanL

How odd. For some crazy reason I got the idea you were selling something (thats not yours to sell, but lets let that go for now) with the hope of getting money for it. But you were just trying to spread the love to your fellow man! Damn, what a cynical bastard I am, eh?

I cant point out that youre in breach of your agreement with Glass' unless I've never walked on the cracks in the pavement? Wow, so how does the british judiciary work then?

Not 'troubled' at all, Ian. Just thought I'd point out the error of your sale to you. I'm not going to lose too much sleep if youre not interested in that :o)

Reply to
Nullified

What was the valid point? Glass' (like many or maybe MOST copyright holders) explicitly forbid you from reselling their work to another. If your point is that that condition isn't valid, perhaps you would like to tell that to those who have recently settled out of court regarding file sharing

Reply to
Nullified

Well, for a start, if he bought it from someone else then it would probably be hard to make that stick as he'd not be bound by the terms and conditions.

Secondly, no-one bothers about that kind of crap anyhow, as it's right on the edge of legality.

As for file sharing, it has no relevance here as that's clearly against the law as you are copying a piece of work, whereas this is akin to selling second-hand computer games and CDs, you in theory are forbidden to sell them by the manufacturer but it's not really legal for them to put that restriction on you despite their whingeing. There are shops dedicated to selling second-hand games, which is "explicitly forbidden" and therefore totally illegal in your view yes?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Nope.

Second-hand booksellers would be out of business if thatw as the case.

This is England, it doesn't work like that.

It is up to the publisher to prove that they have suffered a loss.

Reply to
William Black