Glow plugs

Just had my series 3 serviced and she's come back with a problem she didn't have before. Turn the ignition against the spring to get the glow plugs working, and no orange light. Thought it might just be a dodgy lamp, but whereas before she started on the button, with no delay, I now have to turn her over for an age before she starts. So its not just the indicator light. Anyone have any ideas where to start looking?

Reply to
Neil Paxman

Since it has just been serviced, it is likely that the wiring to the plugs has been dislodged, but it is also possible that one plug is burnt out, which assuming it is the earlier series setup (I think all S3 were as built, but could have been changed) would mean none are working. Start with a visual inspection of the wiring, then use a test light or meter to check where the voltage is getting to. JD

Reply to
JD

Alternately take it back to the blighter who serviced it and gave it back to you with a fault!!

Peter.

Reply to
Pete S

You should be able to see the coiled wire that forms the glow plug resistor under an elongated U-shape bracket. It should be mounted to the left of the engne (looking from the front) mounted on the bulkhead.

I'd hazard a guess that the garage has had a spot of bother getting it started and had the glow plugs on so long that it has bunred out the coily thing - hence no light and no glowplugs.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd