Going from 18" to 16" wheels and tyres on DII

I've got a DII with 18" rims and not a hell of a lot of options for descent off road tyres. Michelin XPCs 255/55r18s are probably my best option but they're availability is an issue and there is generally more choice with 16" rims.

I'm curious what's the best sized tyres for converting to 16" rims. At present the total diameter (wheel and tyre) is 18" x 1.55 (55 profile) = 27.9 ".

I've been offered Disco 16" wheel and tyres with 70 profile tyres. I.e. 16" x 1.70 = 27.2". But how would this affect the speedo, ABS, etc?

Wouldn't 16" with 75 profile be better (diamter = 28.0")?

Also, would it be best to stick with the original 255 mm width of the 18" tyres on the car? Just checking

I see they don't list any 255/75r16s, however they do list 21 all terrain 245/75r16s.

Any thoughts?

Marshall.

-- snipped-for-privacy@swiftdsl.com.au

Reply to