Goose is getting fat

Just been through Gorton today and a flat on Hyde Road has (spray )snow on the window and the Xmas tree lit up ! Anybody got their Landy related chrissie list done yet ? I may nip into Netto's next week for some more of the garage mats ( Kato's bootspace mats) and they have got the 50litre compressors again for whoever was asking. My list has to include a new alarm t'old un is going off for no good reason. Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:59:05 GMT, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

My list includes a rear crossmember for the 110.

and the 2 disco dampers that britprat/beamends Richard[1] owe me :-)

Mind, I'd not have had time to fit 'em recently...

[1] ordered from the latter, but AFAIK twas the former who didn't send 'em.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

'96/'07 Disco 300 Tdi, wanted (from anyone really, not just Santa)

Diesel tank guard, stop mine getting dented by the towing bracket support arms. Preferably one with a removable tow hitch for off-roading and towing the caravan.

New hoses all round and a bigger intercooler etc.

Extended Shocks/springs/brake hoses etc and all the gubbins to go with them.

New offside rear body panel, the alloy worms have got at mine. Nearside might be nice too ... ;)

Spare set of solely off-road wheels and tyres for RTV's.

New garage compressor (Garage would be nice too).

Proper lift so I can get to do the bits underneath more easily. My shoulder is fecked so undoing propshaft bolts, then doing them up again, is extremely hard and painful when laid on my back underneath the Disco.

A new radio/CD player. The face-off bit doen't do face-on anymore, I use double sided tape. ;)

A good clean inside and full T-cut and polish outside. (These are the most _un_likely)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Pop into your local car dealer and inquire as to where they get there display stands. They loook ideal for rasing tha car about 2 foot in the air , you know the things i mean the tubular display stands they drive cars onto to make them stand out

I been looking at them for some time now thinking they would be useful

Reply to
Tony

A guarantee that the DII will never break down or have a major failure for the rest of my ownership.

A 1960 SWB series 2, preferably with MOT.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice
"

see people still belive in santa

all i hope the wife buy's me a

exide maxxima 900dc battery (or 2 )

set of mach 5 would be nice but i got no hope atm

all i hope is we all get something we want if not the landy needs a wash on boxing day

jon

4.2 Dakar
Reply to
jon

Derek uttered summat worrerz funny about:

My needs are a pair of decent rear springs HD for the 110, the current ones aren't up to the job in standard form. Roof rack, dawg cage and clobber have them sat looking 2 inches too low even before the caravan gets hooked up.

Some new seats would be nice too though I suspect the rear seats will get priority with "Bump" due next year.

After just coming back from Whitby across the M62 a Tdi and uprated intercooler to replace the TD would also be nice but I think Santa may have problems getting one in his sack this year.I think with bump and the financial demands that are associated with him, Christmas this year will be more of an Orange and bag of nuts for me ;-) Still all worth it :-) I can't really moan!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Sat, 27 Oct 2007 21:23:35 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

has it got a self-leveller and if so is it fscked?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yep it's present....

How do I check it?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Mon, 29 Oct 2007 00:42:00 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

with difficulty - IIRC, you measure the ride height empty, put a load of stuff in the back, then bounce it up and down a bit, which should cause the self-leveller to pump up and make it come back to the same height. The leveller doesn't do anything until the suspension is moved, unlike citroens. I always wanted to fit citroen suspension to a landy, meself; although LR have more or less done this now.

The gist of it is that there are 2 sorts of springs, so you should fit leveller-type springs if you have the leveller. Alternatively, you remove it and fit standard springs. This is a better option if it's not working as the levelling strut is expensive to replace.

Reply to
Austin Shackles