Got it!

First day of ownership with a nice steady 200 miles, felt like 20 miles & got 28 mpg without any bother. I don't find it slow, even compared to a WRX. Mind you, I don't really drive that fast anyway!

It does drive very much like a P38, but it corners a LOT better. It's also more practical than a P38. A couple of minor stuff to sort like a lightly scuffed front bumper & interior light needs a bulb etc. But overall, very impressed & the stereo is 'stunning' even better than the Harmon Kardon from the last P38

Very throaty exhaust note too.

Reply to
Nige

Nice one Nigel - If I can't find a reasonable 110 300tdi then I'll be after a TD5 Disco as well. Hope it continues to go well for you.

Gavin

Reply to
GS

Nice one Nige. Interested to hear you think it's fine with the auto, some people say it is waaay too slow with the auto 'box. Good to see a comparison with the P38 as well.

You going to look into getting it chipped or are you not going to bother?

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

I'll see how it goes Matt, 28 mpg & driving as it does, why bother?

It feels a lot better at speed than the P38 too & there is none of the bump rebound from the front suspension if you hit a deep pothole, it seems to take it much better. It's off laning in a couple of weeks too. gonne do a big one for it's first. just need a name now.......

Reply to
Nige

Nige

As it's Gold I was thinking about Martin or Gary???

Andy

Reply to
Andy

heheheeh - It's actually 'Jewish racing gold' my neighbour tells me!

Reply to
Nige

So true...

Reply to