Grrr speedo cable grr

Finally got round to yesterday taking Oily's advice about removing my speedo cable but after many bleeding knuckles and pulling and twisting, searching for the little plastic tab I still have my speedo cable firmly attached.

There's a plastic cap on the end of the cable which just rotates round and round. There is what looks like two squeezy tabs on the side of the plastic cap but they do not squeeze in under normal finger pressure.

_______________ [_______________] | | | | | | | |

Can anybody offer any more advice, including perhaps a photo or some dodgy ASCII art to show me please.

Thanks,

Dave.

Reply to
Dave

Oops, clicked send before finishing my diagram!

Can anybody offer any more advice, including perhaps a photo or some more dodgy ASCII art to show me please.

Thanks,

Dave.

Reply to
Dave

Sorry about that Dave. Can you put a link to a picture somewhere? One of us should be able to figure it out from that. I'm not familiar with the later stuff but the tab(s) usually just drops into a groove on the speedo. Can you get anything down the side of the tabs and lift them, say with a couple if small pins etc.?

Martin

Reply to
Oily