HanDbase + MS Access

Right, further to previous question not so long ago...

I have a fairly complex access database that has a number of linked tables in it. The main table of this database is a details one that has a large number of fields in it that I have mapped to a HanDBase table on my PDA.

I've got my two databases mapping the data in the appropriate fields on each table. The only problem is that because the tables in the Access file are linked to a number of different tables within the same database it causes errors in the 'syncronisation'.

I can change things on the Access database and it will change (when synchronised) the HanDBase file on the PDA. I can add new records to the table on the PDA and this will be added to the Access DB but when I try to change a field on a current record it won't work.

The error it brings up in the log file is: "- Error was [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The record cannot be deleted or changed because table 'cub/camp link' includes related records."

I know there has to be someway around this problem with a little bit of coding - perhaps mapping the changs to a temporary table before copying it over to the actual table. The problem I see is that each record has a Primary key that I use to link all the data in individual tables, as such I need to keep the primary key when I update/change data.

I also think it's worth pointing out that I am not all that good when it comes to coding and scripts - so simple terms would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Reply to
Chris Naylor

In article , ( snipped-for-privacy@pobice.com) muttered something along the lines of ...

WOOPS! Wrong group...

Reply to
Chris Naylor

Forgive me if this is the wrong group but it involves MS access so wondered if anyone had any suggestions

I've just recently purchased a Palm Tungsten E2 and installed the trial version of HanDBase so I can sync a fairly complex Access DB with the PDA.

Because of the limitations with the number of fields that it can sync (100) I have created 4 seperate DB's on the PDA all linked back to the main table in my access DB (each DB on the PDA has different aspects of the main data).

None of these seperate DB's on the PDA contain more than about 70/80 fields but when I try to synchronise the DB's in tbe hotsync process it all ways fires out errors for the operation.

The error it brings up for each DB is as follows: HanDBase error syncing 'staged badges': 10/31/05 15:52:03

- SyncExchange failed to execute properly on this database

- Access/HanDBase Merge Failed.

- Error was Too many columns were specified for import - max of 100 fields allowed.

Any ideas as to how I can fix this? I don't want to fork out for the full version of HanDBase until I know for sure I can synchronise the DB's!)

Reply to
Chris Naylor