has my 101 found itself a name? :)

I have been endeavouring to use up my cheap nitromors thisafternoon and have been stripping the upper part of the 101.

I found a nice surprise under the front vent!

I've got some competition for Al's 'Martin-Leake VC' now. ;)

My Ambi appears to be 'Chavasse VC' - who was an upstanding army medic who got the VC twice

inthe same sort of veign as Martin-Leake.

Reply to
Tom Woods

FANTASTIC!

That really is a find - can you let alasdair know ASAP please, he'll be right happy (honestly - it's like stamp collecting with attitude for Al).

Hey, does this make you a Chav? ;-)

Reply to
Mother

A Chav Ass as my sister put it!

I've emailed Al - first thing i did :)

I couldnt believe it when i worked out what it said!

I'm guessing that there might also be an Upham VC ambi somewhere!

- Upham was thethird man along with martin-Leake and Chavasse to get the VC twice)

I feel bad about stripping the writing off!. I'm working round it and leaving it till last for now. I shall take lots of pictures and measurements so that i can repaint it back on top later!

Reply to
Tom Woods

wow, I've found Alasdairs website now and he's even done some letter writing to find out why they named his! I feel all cultured spending an evening reading about all this stuff!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Super stuff! It's rather spooky when it suddenly becomes "different" from the rest init.

Theres a load of medical supplies on

if you fancy putting all the ambi stuff back in ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

No way i'm putting all that stuff back in now!

As it happens Al has also found me an in service picture of my ambi! apparently this is 'as delivered'.

I am trying to work out what is going on behind my rear wheel in that picture. It looks like there is a patch fitted - which is funny as my

101 came with a big hole in the outer skin there which i had to patch up myself! - factory fitted damage? ;)
Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

It's not like theres many screws....er....ok.

Nice one, a little more History unearthed.

Reply to
Lee_D