"hat" thingy going between valve's stem and rocker

People Hi,

I would be extremely obliged if someone could provide me with the part number of the "hat" thingy that sits between the valves' (part number ERR1156 and ERR1157) stem and the rocker (part number ERR1201 and ERR1202) pushing the valves.

I do not mean the two pieces cotter valve (part number ETC4069) but the small hat that tends to be "eaten" by the rocker when the valves' clearance is not adjusted for some time.

Amazingly this part is NOT shown on Microcat. (or at least my old myopic eyes do not see it)

Take care and thanks in advance Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

It would be helpfull if you told us what engine it was for. However, I presume you have 200 or 300tdi from the part no's you give. As for the "hat thingy" do you mean the cup which sits on top of the springs but below the collets, to retain the valve springs, (ETC4068) or do you mean the valve stem seal (ETC8663) and/or Valve Stem Cap (LJC100270)

Other than that I can't see any other parts there.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I bought a set off Mr Beamends, so he should definately know the number for them :) They may have been called valve stem caps - but i could be imagining that.

Reply to
Tom Woods

You could try ERR4175 - "Cap-valve stem protection". It's shown in the parts list of the parts book (300TDI) but not on the exploded view.

Reply to
Dougal

Alex Hi,

sorry for forgeting to quote the engine's type. It is a Discovery 200Tdi.

Unfortunately I can only describe where the part is located. It is mounted on top of the valve's stem and it is the item where the rockers push the valve.

Mine were "eaten" away and the mechanic has removed them all in order to be able to properly adjust the valves but they have to be replaced. I believe that they are located there so that the valves stems are not damaged/"eaten" away from the pushing action of the rockers.

Thanks for your kind asssistance.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Tom and Dougal thanks for your kind replies.

I will order a set of eight ERR4175 - "Cap valve stem protection" and let's hope these will be the ones.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

It's a Valve Stem Cap - all numbers superceed to LJC100270

- used on 200/300Tdi and optionaly on 2.5P/2.5D and 2.5TD

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:09:36 GMT, Alex enlightened us thusly:

Valve stem cap. Some were AWOL on our 300 TDi, 'til I replaced 'em.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Richard and Austin thanks.

(Richard you are unlucky. I ordered them just a few minutes before I got your posting)

Take care Pantelis

damaged/"eaten"

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos