Head Gasket

Hi all,

Looks liek the head gasket has gone on the Discovery 2.5 TDI 1993. It has lots of flat spots, is very sluggish, overheating and is ill. Anyway Dick Graham has said he will sort it for £175 which sounds good.

Is it liekly to have done any other damage as I have been driving it around for a month? done about 60 miles in total. I have not let the temp gauge got into the red at all just 3/4 posiition.

Any help anyone.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

In theory it's possible to have done some damage, especially if water has got into the oil, but I think in practice you are likely to get away with having done no damage whatsoever. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB