Headlight flasher 1986 "90"

Put a new light switch on the 2.5 petrol 90 and the horn fuse keeps blowing. Noticed today that the headlight flash seems to also now draw current from the horn circuit which may be why the fuse keeps blowing. Should it draw current from the horn circuit? If so what fuse should be in it? Obviously not what the label on the back of the fuse box cover says!

Reply to
Bob Hobden

"Bob Hobden" wrote

Bad form to reply to my own post I know, but after eventually getting my head around the wiring diagram etc I realised the switch was correct so did some more investigation. Found the problem eventually, it was some loose connections/wires a previous owner had installed (if you can call it that!!) behind the fuse box for a radio since removed. The connections he made on that wire appear to be the problem so I've removed all his handiwork completely which has cured the faults. Hopefully permanently. Now to the washer jets...what's caused them to just dribble... Nice day for it anyway.

Reply to
Bob Hobden