heated mirrors

Am I imagining it or did someone have a source of heated elements for fitting to the back of yer mirror glass?

missing the heated mirrors that the minibus lacks...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I got mine from Scorpion Racing, the people who are too ashamed to put their prices on their adverts in LROI. They work quite well, the wiring was a bit of a fiddle, but expensive for what they are. Cost inclusive of postage in the UK was £54.05 last November and, considering you could have had the wire and switch and connectors for less than £10 from your local parts shop, that makes for very expensive sticky pads for the mirror backs. There are no grommets with the kit and I had to phone them again to get them to send me some instructions for fitting the kit. Maybe you will find a better supplier for just the heating pads.

HTH

M.

Reply to
McBad

Truck shops and like do these, or you could try your local LDV agent.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Any truck parts factors will stock them.

Try

SimonJ

On or around Fri, 3 Jun 2005 20:14:39 +0100, "McBad" enlightened us thusly:

This is one reason I've never bought from 'em.

useful info, though. I don't suppose the product itself was separately branded?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Or you could try here.......

SimonJ

Or

- same company, only cheaper?! Martin

Reply to
Martin Lewis

I wont buy anything from either as they dont advertise prices. I emailed them last for a price on something and they couldnt be bothered to answer either. I needed a new cam (plus all the other bits) for a V8 and real steel could only be bothered with a half hearted answer. They all obviously dont need the custom. Richard

Reply to
Richard

On or around Sat, 04 Jun 2005 12:43:47 GMT, "Richard" enlightened us thusly:

Never had trouble with Real Steel meself - sound info and good advice, and reasonable prices.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 4 Jun 2005 08:05:02 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

yebbut, they'll want to sell me official heated mirrors for about 500 quid, probably. I suppose there may be heated glasses available; I can soon invent some wiring.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 4 Jun 2005 13:05:03 +0100, "Martin Lewis" enlightened us thusly:

odd. looks like a price reduction, maybe it's either new or no longer valid...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

It's still grossly excessively priced.

Reply to
Dougal

So where do you buy the pads cheaper?

Heated mirrors would be quite useful up here, and I suspect a DII has all the wiring in place as well... I frequently have to chip and scrape solid ice or frozen snow off the mirrors. Also a bit daft as this motor has the "winter pack", heated windscreen and heated seats but not heated mirrors doh!

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Sat, 04 Jun 2005 17:46:13 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

Retrograde step, that. Both the D1s here, neither a top-spec model, have heated mirrors which come on with the heated rear screen.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The elements are available as a stick-on part - I'll investigate the prices on Monday.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

That, of course, is the question ..... but if they can find cheaper source (which they obviously have) so can we. A little effort is required.

Richard (Beamends) is on the job - do we permit him his cut?

Reply to
Dougal

You can get the pads alone from any truck part factors, but they cost around £10 each, so the kit isn't too overpriced really.

Reply to
SimonJ

Agreed, I was surprised to find it hasn't (being and 7 seat ES spec it has virtually all the other toys...). Perhaps I ought to check again, the blooming computers confuse me, hit the "defrost" button and all manner of things happen...

Ah, looked in the Handbook "NOTE: In some markets the door mirrors have integral heating elements..." So it appears that heated mirrors are not UK spec on a DII. B-(

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Got mine about 4 or 5 years ago direct from Plowman Brothers for my 110, still going strong & wouldn't be without them.

Their address was Broad Oak Farm, Sutton on Forest, York. YO61 1ER. (01904)

768230 & from my reciept they cost the vast amount of £29.50 Inc.

Hope this helps, BTW I seem to remember they did them in different sizes & voltages.

Tony M0BYB

Reply to
Snoopy V8

On or around Sat, 4 Jun 2005 08:33:28 +0000 (UTC), "SimonJ" enlightened us thusly:

hmmm. no dealers near me, but might be worth a phone call in any case, ta.

I've been hunting for some equivalent of Paddocks or similar to supply van parts by internet or phone order and deliver by post/courier, not found one yet, so if anyone knows of such, that's something I'd like to know as well.

Reply to
Austin Shackles