Help choosing tyres

There are some intersting deals going on on eBay for 235/85 16 tyres. But not having much experience in off-road tyres, I find it difficult to decide whether tyres on sale are good value or not. So may be you can help.

For example the link below. Has anyone here had those tyres? Are they any good?

Or may be these are better?:
Any why Goodrich are so expensive. Are they much better?
Thank you

Reply to
Lev

Firstly, the Colways are remoulds.

Secondly, the tyre illustrated in a Goodrich-All Terrain not a Mud-Terrain as advertised.
Goodrich do have a reputation for long life to which I can attest but, obviously, it does not make much sense to pay out that sort of money if you intend to use them in 'massacre' conditions.

If you're looking for something for off-road playing only the Colways may be fine. If you plan do use them mainly on-road with the occasional foray off-road you may be disappointed by their life.

More specific advice will, I'm sure, follow.

Reply to
Dougal

On or around Sat, 20 Jan 2007 20:06:21 +0000, Dougal enlightened us thusly:

If you want play tyres, definitely go for the colway MTs, as sooner or later you'll damage them, then it's much cheaper to replace.

For mostly-road use you want ATs, I should think. The nankang wild conqueror is a good compromise between price and durability for road/offroad use.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I have a set of the greenway macho 235/85/16 I used them full time on my 2a for 5 years that i used daily and I now use them as my "off road" tyres for the 110 they are a bit noisy on road over 50 mph (couldn,t hear them in the

2a) but apart from that they are great.

Icky

Reply to
icky

Thanks for responses

The tires will be for my 110, which is mostly parked on my drive and will be taken out once a week or so for off-road use. Therefore it sounds like Colway's are the ones to go for (unless you can suggest anything better for the same price)

How about the price on eBay - is it a good one?

Thank you

Dougal wrote:

Lev

On or around 21 Jan 2007 16:46:19 -0800, "Lev" enlightened us thusly:

get a price from local suppliers, or direct from the net from online suppliers.

remember that if you buy tyres off ebay or the net they have to be fitted, and the chances are that your local tyre place will charge you for this.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

good?

better?: