Help me, i´am outlocked!

Hi

my Disco TD5 (my 2001) was standing unused about 2 weeks. Now i can´t open the doors with remote key. But when i open with key in keyhole, the alarm begins to run. What can i do? My first idea was, that the batterie in the key is emtpy, but i tryed the same with my second key: the same result.

thanks andy help!

Sascha

Reply to
Sascha Reichow

Hi,

The alarm runs on a backup - if the main battery is flat, follow the instructions in your handbook for "replacing the battery" (it explains how to disconnect the battery and the alarm will also shut down).

-- Neil

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Oh and also....the remote system might have switched to dormant mode to conserve power. Your handbook, again, should give details of waking it up ;-)

-- Neil

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

What if the handbook's inside the car? ;o)

Martin

Reply to
Martin Lewis

Thanks for much tips, i have now the offical background:

i need the "security code", in the handbook - INSIDE the car ;-( and must enter this via left and right handling with key in the keywhole.

But the service man say´s, with this procedure the alarm is going on until the valid code is entered.

ok, i start this tonight ;-)

greetings

Sascha

Sascha Reichow schrieb:

Reply to
Sascha Reichow

That'll be the handbook kept in the glovebox inside the alarmed vehicle then, I guess...

Reply to
David French

Twas Fri, 21 May 2004 18:38:59 +0100 when "David French" put finger to keyboard producing:

there is a lesson there, all handbooks should be tied to your spare wheel... or something.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

My best bet is to open it with the key and then turn the ignition with the alarm going off - thats what i've done to Land Rover Td5, Renault Espace and Jaguar XJ8 when the remote key has bust - let me know the results

Reply to
Series II Fatatic