Help needed with wiring diagram

98 Defender 90, 50th Anniversary V8 Hopefully not too different to TD5.

I made the mistake of taking the easy way out and let Carphone Warehouse install a Nokia car kit, with the output from the phone going through the speakers.

On the way home I noticed the speedo wasn't working which I thought was a bit of a coincidence, until I realised of course it's an electronic one. Checked the handbook and it isn't listed against any of the fuses. Eventually found the 15 amp fuse which also supplies the wipers had blown - and it has been blowing at intervals ever since. The car kit still carries on working so it would seem that during installation a wire has been damaged.

So to help track down the problem can any one tell me the colour code of the feed from the fuse up to the speedo/wiper switch. Thanks in advance

Reply to
hugh

Well, *slightly*. :-)

Reply to
Rich B

BTDT with my wife's car a few years ago except the clowns managed to fire a screw into a fuel line and when they started the vehicle afterwards it happily pissed petrol onto the ground under itself and then ignited. I managed to retain my sense of humour - it destroyed their workshop and cost them all their tools too.

If I were you I'd be looking at any/all mounting screws they have fitted that are screwed through a panel and into a loom - shouldn't be hard to track down.

Reply to
EMB

While fitting my LPG tank in my car, i had to drill 4 holes in the boot floor to bolt it down to. The fuel line ran near one. I lay under the car and looked hard and measured everything twice so that i wouldnt drill through it.

My measurements must have been out since i went right through the middle of it! It wasnt a nick, i totally severed it! Couldnt have done it more accurately if i was trying!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Current plan is to take it back in a couple of weeks and let them track it down - it works OK if I leave the loom hanging out. It's under the radio somewhere I was just hoping to avoid too much dismantling of the dash board if I have to resort to Plan B - sort it myself.

Reply to
hugh