help! P38 window won't close

The passenger front window has decided its going to stop working. It's stuck open, with the message "WINDOW NOT SET" appearing on the display. When pressing the button I can hear a click but nothing happens. All other windows work OK.

I assume that something has buggered, but is there a manual way of closing the window? Door trim is off but I can't see anything that would help it close.

I can't leave it exposed all night....help!

Paul

Reply to
Pacman

Battery direct to the connectors could close it, but at your risk.....

Reply to
Nige

Have you determined if it is the regulator at fault (motor rotates but nothing moves) or something that causes the motor not to function? Your description 'click' could be interpreted both ways.

Can you get your hands under the lower edge of the glass and move it upward? Raise both sides equally: don't let it get cocked over to one side. If the regulator's knackered you can sometimes raise the window far enough to re-engage the drive. Power up to the top but resist the temptation to bring it down again!

Reply to
Dougal

I think the click was coming from the motor...anyway it's come back up eventually (after I gave the motor unit a bit of a whack!), but the message WINDOW NOT SET is still appearing, however as you say I won't be putting it back down! Fortunately the air con is now working now thanks to a new condensor, re-gas and the shim-removal trick, so I won't be needing the window!!

-- Paul

Reply to
Pacman

Get yer battery checked. It's a common fault for a slightly flat battery

Reply to
Nige

Will do...ta!

Reply to