Help please - engine mounts RR Classic

Wonder if someone can help with this:

I have a RR Classic with a 200tdi in it. The vehicle was originally a 2.4VM Diesel. The engine mounts are huge great things, with a bolt through the middle - ie front-rear, along the chassis. Like and oversized series chassis bush. I've looked through half a dozen parts catalogues and I can find nothing like it. I do not know where the

200tdi was sourced from.

The 200Tdi is to be mounted into another RR Classic, which currently has a 3.5Efi. However, the engine mounts on this chassis are about 3" higher than the Diesel.

Has anybody got a RR with a 200/300tdi who could have a look at the engine mounts. The mounts on my

3.5 are sloping at about 45deg, with the normal "cotton reel" mounting rubbers. The top of the engine mount is about 1.5-2" above the top of the chassis rail. If this is the same as a 200/300tdi with "cotton reel" mounts then I will change the mounts on the engine, rather than re-weld the chassis mounts.

Also, does anyone have an Air Con compressor mount for a 200Tdi?

Thanks

Alex

Reply to
Alex Stewart

The Tdi classic doesn't have 'cotton reel' mounts, the ones you have are correct (with a bolt through in line with the chassis). The reason for this is there is only one gearbox mounting sited centrally under the transfer box and the engine/box unit would be unstable if the 'cotton reels' came adrift. Better to weld the proper points to the chassis.

Martin

Reply to
Oily