Home made snorkel

I've been looking on the web for plans that I'd seen earlier this year for making a DIY snorkel,while it don't look as good as the real McCoy you can buy for about £250 e.g. Safari or Mantek,the appealing part was the price,about £50 in bits and pieces from B&Q,lol! I'm not sure,but I think it was originally on Muddytyres.org on Yahoo groups,but the spammers have completely bo**ocksed-up that site and I can no longer find the plans! Can anyone point me in the right direction?Also,has anybody tried making their own wading kit?It seems like just a load of flexible tubing to me,surely it can't be rocket science,well not that detailed that some bread-head has to charge in excess of £100 for?

Reply to
Christopher Harris

Oops,I nearly forgot to state that it's a 300TDi Discovery (I think it's without the ABS brakes)

Reply to
Christopher Harris

We made our own snorkel for our V8 90. I bought the top from Matt Savage for £25 (ish) the solid pipe is black drain pipe from B&Q and I bought a silicone flexi to mate up to the air filter from Merlin Motor sport. It works very well and doesnt look too bad. I can send a pic if you wish ? Richard

Reply to
Richard

I'd be interested in seeing a pic, I'm thinking of making one for my

110.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

I'd be grateful if you could send me a pic if you don't mind please Richard!

Thanks in advance mate!

Reply to
Christopher Harris

Just sent pics

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Where have you sent them Richard? They're not showing up in my inbox?

Reply to
Christopher Harris

sent them to the email address thats in your message Richard

Reply to
Richard

I've just double checked my inbox,and there's nothing there! The best option then would be my Hotmail inbox:- ChristopherHarris snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Could I ask you a big favour mate,could you please re-send the pic to this inbox instead please?

Reply to
Christopher Harris

okay, sent again to that one.

Reply to
Richard

Cheers Rich! I've finally got your pics of the Landy and Snorkel,and it looks quite a decent job too!

Reply to
Christopher Harris

Hi,

Could you send me one too, please?

Thanks,

Pieter

Reply to
Pieter Vroom

Thanks, got the pic.

Pieter

Reply to
Pieter Vroom

message

Reply to
Adrian Ford

I don't suppose you could scan the instructions could you?

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

You can see mine (for my '86 RR) at

Ron Beckett Emu Plains, Australia

1995 P38A Range Rover HSE 4.6 Litre V8

Reply to
The Becketts

Hi Ron,

Good job. How did you bend the exhaust pipe?

Pieter

Reply to
Pieter Vroom

Here's one on eBay: Item number: 4514532193

Jack Kerouac

Done by a muffler shop using 3" diameter exhaust pipe

Ron Beckett Emu Plains, Australia

1995 P38A Range Rover HSE 4.6 Litre V8

Reply to
The Becketts

C&S have some ex Royal Marine waterproofed kit for 90's etc on the EMLRA website:

Not the most aesthetic kit but fairly robust.

All the best

Reply to
wayne