hotwire over-run cut-off

Anyone know if there's a signal I can pick up from the hotwire system to know when it's doing over-run fuel cut-off, or is it all done internally on the hotwire?

I have in mind to crosslink to the LPG.

I could adapt the rev-sensitive relay from a k-jet, but that requires adding a throttle-closed switch to the engine and would be more hassle.

Also, the LPG is closed loop. will it get confused, if the fuel gets cut off?

I imagine that it will think that it's gone terminally lean, and try to richen the mixture, to whatever extent it's able to. This of course will mean that it goes rich when the fuel comes back in and thus will probably negate any saving made by cutting off the fuel in the first place...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

All internal I'm afraid mate, within the ecu's programming.

What about the vacuum controlled over-run cut-off valve from a 3.5 efi (flapper) system, wired straight to the gas solenoid feeds?

Not if it is cut off by closing the solenoids.

Quite possibly. Try it and see over a decent length of time to see if it works or not? Badger.

Reply to
Badger

On or around Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:47:14 +0100, "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

I'll see. 'ere, you haven't got a 38mm mixer to fit a 3.9 manifold, have you?

is it possible to fit the valve from the flapper to the hotwire plenum? I might have one of those in the spare parts department, depending on which manifold/plenum set it is I have there.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Sorry mate, nope. I just order them in as I need them when doing conversions.

Yep, connect via a "T" piece to the vacuum pipe at the rear that feeds the fuel pressure regulator.

Badger. "Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I"

Reply to
Badger

On or around Tue, 26 Aug 2008 14:34:57 +0100, "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

I'll have to see if I've got one.

Reply to
Austin Shackles