How do I get this Damn thing out?!

Not a regular here, but I hope someone can give me a bit of advice...

The rear windows on my (1996) Disco only work intermittently. That's both windows together. Somedays fine, other days nothing, somedays work partway into the journey. Also, if the windows aren't working the power delay after the ignition is turned off doesn't work either.

So, I believe the problem is the 'window lift ECU', a small control box which sits up under the passenger's footwell, next to the alarm. I want to get it out to see if there's any loose connections or anything visibly wrong, but for the life of me, I can't figure out HOW you get it out. It seems irretrievably bolted in, put in before the rest of the car was assembled around it.

Does anyone know the trick here?

Chris

Reply to
Davey

oh boy this was a really helpful post..... to**er! If yer can't help then STFU

-- This world sucks.... which is good 'cos if it didn't we'd all fall off. ChunkyVulcan

Reply to
ChunkyVulcan

Have a look at

Steve

Reply to
Steve Poulson

Done it! It only took about an hour. It was exactly the same bad soldered connection as described at

Thanks Davey

Reply to
Davey