How is the IIa doing Tom?

Just wondering if I need to pack the snow shovel for Friday ;-)

Noted there are utterings of MOT looming closer.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

have not managed to book it in for mot yet as ive been busy and its battery is knackered. got a temporary replacement battery today (its or a tractor so should start it!). so going to try to book it in for fri.

snow is still 50/50... ;)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Snow shoes or sandals for tomorrow then ? :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

it'll never stick! ;)

Its booked in for 10am monday - so any snow will be gone by then! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Woooo Hoooo!!!!! Yea ha! I shall be building an Igloo tomorrow then with the kids.

Watch out everyone - It's going to snow it's arse off at least until Monday

9.00 Am.

Yep Snow on the ground... it's a start anyway :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Based on past experience you lot are in for a properly s**te winter cos we're having a particular good summer here.

Reply to
EMB

Checked again and it's mostly melted :-( , looks like you are in for showers.

County Durham has ground to a halt mind with hundreds of motorists having to be rescued.

Bunch of lightwieghts... it would never happen in the city here LOL

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

properly s**te as in its going to piss it down non stop and blow a gale every night? (thats my prediction based on recent weather!)

Reply to
Tom Woods

it better not snow that much! - i want atleast half a day of dryness so i can do my last minute tweaking - managed to get some new wiper motors and want to fit a gasket to the bottom of the gearbox so I can put some oil in it (and keep it in it!)

Reply to
Tom Woods

That's a bit of an exaggeration. A stretch of the A66 and some of the higher areas but the majority is just plain wet.

-
Reply to
Dougal

I never thought for a minute that the media were over exagerating the story, I feel so cheap now ;-)

They definately said over a hundred were affected to the extent they had been taken to the safety of... a pub. Now that is my kind of rescue! Who is driving home?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Correct - it's just bucketed down for a couple of hours.

Reply to
EMB

wish me luck (unless you are really hoping for snow!) - MOT at 10am tommorrow!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Raining here so the signs are good :-) I'm sure it'll be fine.

Any one want to buy any snow tyres? ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Could have done with them on Friday, well for the 2 miles to town at least but my ordinary road tyres coped without fuss. There where only tiny 6" deep drifts the rest was mostly a couple of inches of ice/compacted snow.

Most gone now, apart from the remnants of drifts > 2' deep, after the rain last night. Some heavy sleet on the cold front in the last couple of hours.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It passed! :)

Think he was in a good mood as he remembered his advisory from last time (rear reflectors) - and i had actually listened and fitted them.

Now for some tax and insurance and a little bit of fettling and i can drive it again.

It is quite annoying that there is now stuff on the landy that i put on new which is wearing out!. A headlight has lost half of its silvering (its only about 4 years old), and an engine mount is on its way out (i put it on 6/7 years ago)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Well done... off to ebay to sell my skis!

Treat it to a set of them Halo headlamps :-) by the time they need replacement they will be out of fashion too. To the untrained observer it'll look like a X5 un the dark :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Isn't that a better reason not to treat it to them?

;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx