How many Land Rovers

Are in the scrapyard for Scrapheap Challenge

Reply to
sluff

As many as they expect to need. The 'scrapheap' is seeded with stuff that's likely to be useful for each challenge. In fact for a while they shot Scrapheap Challenge on the same junkyard as Junkyard Wars, which is in the USA, so they had to go to the expense of shipping 'British' junk out there to mix with the Jeeps and Cadillacs.

Reply to
David Skinner

I thought it was the other way round ?

Reply to
sluff

sluff posted ...

Too feckin' many ... unless they point me to it first ... and give me their tool kits as well ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

David Skinner posted ...

I thought it was t'other way round ...

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I'm going by what I read a while back on uk.media.tv.misc. I don't know about the current series, but they were talking about it in 2001. Probably this posting off Google Groups...

--------------------- To precis

- This series was filmed in California, along with the American series.

- It is a fake junk yard.

- Previous series were filmed in east London.

- That was/is a real working junk yard (you could see people in the background rummaging for their own stuff)

- Yes, it is seeded with useful bits.

- The experts know in advance what they will be asked to build, and are asked to submit an outline plan and needed parts. As has been pointed out, you wouldnt get much of a programme if all they had were knackered rusted solid Mk.3 Escorts and prams.

- That weird presenter chick is actually the series producer (I kid you not), she took over when they couldnt find a suitable female presenter for series 2 onwards.

- Robert Llewellyn , is he good or what? He helps present some late night Open University progs, which are equally entertaining.

-----------------

Reply to
David Skinner

You mean 'we' are sending 'junk' to the States?

What a refreshing turnaround.

Can we send them all of their crap TV back too?

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Ban TV.

Reply to
Nikki

I made it 6 - the two project vehicles, the red 110, the blue 109 and the blue 88 that was hanging off the skip, plus the one near the bottom of the totem pole. But I may have missed one or two.

Reply to
QrizB