How much for a 2a bulkhead??

Has the world gone mad?

perhaps £400 yes but £660 plus? even if it has been galvanized.

anyone close to Lancaster with one I can repair?

Eddy

88 Series 2a 1966 +ve earth
Reply to
Eddy Bayton

IIa bulkheads in pristine condition are rare. £660 is perhaps a little excessive, but I'd be quite prepared to pay up to £600 for a galv IIa bulkhead if I needed one. Bearing in mind a new IIa bulkhead (ungalvanised) costs around £600 anyway.

That said I wouldn't, as I'd buy a rotten one, repair it and have it galved, save myself the money. Not a option open to everyone. And if you pay someone to rebuild a knackered bulkhead you aren't going to get much change out of the cost of a new one anyway

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Alex, I've got a galved S2a bulkhead for sale ... you have to buy the rest of the Landie too though. As a bonus it comes with the chassis, front panel, rear cross member and rear floor cross members all galved too.

Regards

Steve G

Alex wrote:

Reply to
SteveG

..snip..

news to me, who makes new 2a bulkheads? I thought they were unobtainable now, genuine 2a, two wiper motor bulkheads with the metal dash pockets. I've seen military 2a airportable remakes but not standard ones. Interesting

I am tempted down this line. Need to hone my mig skills for a while first. I weld ok but not at all tidily.

Thanks for running on this thread.

Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Bayton

In article , Eddy Bayton writes

I'm looking for a new IIa bulkhead (would love to try and repair the current one but unrealistic time/welding skill wise). If there are pristine ones available I would certainly consider buying one...

Reply to
John Halliwell