How quickly things go bad Take Two

Oops forgot to put in the youtube link

r3dbac

Well, obviously if he'd had a Land Rover this wouldnt have happened because everyone here knows Land Rovers are better than Nissans......

;) :))

Seriously tho, you can see how high they are, he's lucky it didnt roll all the way back down the hill and cause serious injuries. Bet his trousers needed cleaning afterwards

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Should have straightened it up in the ruts before backing up.

A graphic example though of what can happen unexpectedly...

Dave B.

Reply to
G8KBV

I've nearly been there in the 110, focused my attention I'll tell you... also got some new frequencies from the back seats! When I opened the drivers door it swung down so hard it broke the check-strap. Fortunately the chap behind us had radio coms with me and gave me an early indication of things going pearshaped, that and a rapidly deployed winch as we were committed but for the 90 behind saving us from what would undoubtedly been a comitted to a roll situation. Only takes a cunningly placed rutt to spoil your day when you are already articulated.

Those who have been off road with me will know I'm hardly the push it to the limits type (....unlike the Red Baron a.k.a. Bill ;0) ), especially with the Kids and often dogs on board.

For these reasons I firmly support any one who invests in a roll cage.

Of course the advantage of the Landies (defender at least) is that you can hopefully bolt on new pannels if it does go bad. I'd imagine a high lift jack would be needed to put the roof back on that truck and it's really going to spoil the headliner.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D