hub nuts?

Ay-up, I'm going to spend this weeked striping down cleaning, greasing and reabuilding all 4 hubs (and related stub axles swivels etc) on my '89 110. My question is:

does the nut that holds the hub on need a special socket to get it off? if not what size would do it?

Cheers

Stu

Reply to
HobGobSnakyWaky

on my RR it was about a 52mm socket.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

If it's the same as the series, then a box spanner is readily available to fit it, paddocks etc etc sell them. It's a much better option than stilsons, chisels etc which wreck the nuts. It's not worth buying a socket to fit as the cost, compared with the box spanner, is prohibitive.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I think it is 52mm, needs to be either a tube or socket spanner. Unless you already have a socket that size the special tube spanner will be far cheaper. It fits all Landrovers Rangerover Discovery (don't think Freelander) Jeep, Landcruiser, Hilux, Patrol and probably more. JD

Reply to
JD